Updated Friday May 22
Thank you so much to everyone who has come out to play golf, and how cool everyone has been about the new rules. We really appreciate your cooperation!
Updates and Observations
- No more raised cups – we have the new “Covid Cups” that let you pull your ball from the cup by gently snagging a hook with your putter
- We’re in a different time now – Please do not come to the course without a tee time, we are selling out daily
- Still no golf carts unless you have a medical reason, and the driving range, practice green and clubhouse (including bathrooms) are still closed by order of the state. We have no guidance on when we will be able to open these amenities
- Golf Leagues are underway – for Memorial Day there won’t be a Monday league but our regular league players can still get the discount if you have a tee time, Tuesday will be starting the overall standings this week, we’re keeping the games simple on Wednesdays, and Thursdays are in full swing
Golf Outing Update
As of May 22, we are only allowed carts for medical reasons and tee times remain at 15 minutes. There can be no gatherings before or after golf. We understand this is completely different from the golf outing experience you are used to and totally understand if you would prefer to postpone or cancel your tournament.
We have no guidance as to when these restrictions will be relaxed, so for now, if you would still like to have your golf tournament, you will have to assign tee times for your players. We can provide box lunches for your golfers as they check in to tee off. We can put out hole sponsor signs, but it may be awkward asking businesses for financial support in the current climate.
Here are some ideas to replace the traditional raffle/silent auction:
- Sell raffle tickets on the first tee. If everyone has teed off by the time the first group finishes (3.5 hours?) you can pull the raffle tickets and golfers can collect their prizes as they come off the course.
- Wheel of Fortune – we have the wheel. Spin the wheel, win a prize on the spot!
- Silent Auction Website – we are recommending One Cause because we’ve already had a group successfully use it, but I’m sure their are other options. People can place their bids on their phones
For the time being, we are holding our 2021 calendar of outings as close to the 2020 calendar as we can.
We are not going to speculate on when regulations will be relaxed or when we’ll be able to return to normal, because frankly we have no idea, nor does anyone else. When we have hard facts on changes in regulations we will adjust at that time.
As always, we appreciate your support!
Big Will, Willie, and the rest of the Southers Marsh Team